Monday, October 13, 2008

'Tis the Season...

As you know, Brooke and I are in Florida. It has been nice so far. We've had the opportunity to see some friends, and tonight was no different. We had dinner with a guy (at first I was going to write kid, but he's no longer a kid anymore) who was in the youth group while I was in Florida. We had some really good Chinese food, then dropped him off at church for a devotional time. While we were going back to Chuck and Wanda's, we passed by Lowe's and saw "seasonal merchandise." In other words, Christmas decorations are on the shelves. So of course, Brooke and I had to stop and look around.

It was an enjoyable half hour, browsing through the Christmas trees, lights, decorations, villages, and such. We still have a little over a month before we'll start putting out our Christmas decorations, but I'm getting ready for Christmas. I've already got the Christmas CDs in my car - ok, they haven't come out since last year, but that's not the point. The stores are gearing up for Christmas, and that makes us happy. That's the point.

No comments: